Tuesday 28 March 2017

100th post, and some great news.

So this is my 100th post, which is kinda cool. It's fun writting this blog, though sometime hard coming up with new things to talk about all the time.

Since the last time we chatted day to day life has remained mostly the same, although we have a brand new trailer with actual working toilets, well I say that, they worked for 48 hours before breaking. I've lost all faith in the guy that runs the trailer park being able to do anything, so today I went to Brico (French B&Q) and this evening I will be fitting new new flush system to the toilet myself. My plumbing skills are ropy at best so there might well be a flood, but I'm fed up of walking across the trailer park at 6am to go to the loo.

Onto some much better news! In this blog I have talked about a refugee friend I have called Zee quite a bit. Well news has just come through that he has made it to the UK safe and sound, and will be applying for asylum there. This is such great news that he has made it over, although I'm sad I won't be seeing him in camp each time I go in. He was one of the friendliest guys there and would always come and hang out, sometimes bringing us food or cups of tea. I have no idea what the future holds for him, and if the UK will match up to his expectation of what it is, but I wish him all the best, and look forward to hooking up when I get back over there.

In other news, I have adopted a cat. There are a ton of stays that hang about the trailer park, but there is one big, fat, tom cat who is equally as annoying as he is fun, bit like me. So we have taken him in and are now making sure he gets fed and somewhere warm to sleep, normally on my toes at the end of the bed. He's called Shiram and it's nice to come home each day to a pet and a bit of food based unconditional love.

I haven't been into camp so much over the last week, spending a bit of time cooking and the rest doing other odd jobs around the place, so there isn't much to report on those fronts. Oh, I had a Big-Mac today, I'm bloody done with CRS (curry, rice, salad), it was a real treat, and normally not news worthy, but it's been 3 months since my last greasy burger and I miss them so much.

T x 

No comments:

Post a Comment